Sofa makeover

(After)

( Before)



This makeover was so easy and so cost effective! It was time for a new look in the family room. I decided to start with the sofa and loveseat. The flowers had to go.

I decided to recover them. I like sewing about as much as I like going to the dentist. I tried a few different ready-made slipcovers from Potterybarn. They were nice but they looked funny from the back.

I ended up purchasing two white SureFit slipcovers from an Ebay shop for $35 each. I was able to alter them a little to fit nice and tight. I left the two back cushions out and used them as a template to make separate slipcovers out of a Black Damask fabric. I used Velcro to close the back cushions and throw pillows for a quick change if the mood strikes.

The new look cost $170. Much less than purchasing a new set!

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. Much nicer.

    You have a lovely home. I like your mix of contemporary with more traditional decor.

    I am going to follow and hope that you can find some inspiration from me too.

    www.junkinjunky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS